Actions we are taking to keep you safe
We are operating our business in accordance with the government guidelines, to make it as safe as we can for you and for our staff.
Things will be a bit different for the time being
Making your appointment
- Booking in – you will be able to contact us for a personal appointment - you will be phoned a few days before by our optometrist for a pre-consultation to minimise your time in the test room.
- You will be asked whether you have any COVID-19 symptoms such as temperature, loss of taste or smell, if you have a continuous cough. If you are currently shielding we could offeri you the 1st appointment in the day if available.
- We ask that an appointment is booked for all activities at this stage , so for eye tests, spectacle/contact lens collections , repairs etc.
The Practice layout
- There will be alcohol hand rub on entry for staff and patients to use
- The reception area is set up so you can maintain a 2 metre distance from the desk and perspex shields are in place too
- We will clean the Practice three times daily
- Any frames that have been tried on will be sanitised afterwards
Our team in the Practice
- We will be wearing PPE and we ask that you wear a face mask when you come to the Practice
- Our staff members will be an optometrist, a designated receptionist / admin person and a designated dispenser. Each wil keep to their own areas of the practice.
- Our staff members are COVID tested twice each week and we will react to test results accordingly
Transactions at the till
- We ask that you use contactless or credit/debit card payments if you can
- If we are handling cash – please place cash on the desk. A staff member will wear gloves and can give you change from the till. Cash will be cleaned with alcohol wipes before being placed in the till
You can find our risk assessment and how our teams are helping here